Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Because this False Belief in "White Privilege" When I've Been Turned Away From Government Programs Due to My Lack Of Non-Whiteness is, Frankly...Racist.

I think racism definitely exists individually, but perhaps due to the caliber of individual I tend to spend time with, I've met few of any "race". I can tell you, though, that discrimination means that if I do a Google search for student loans for any non-white ethnicity, I get a lot more results than the zero I get when I search for scholarships for "white" people. I guess I will be applying for a non-racist scholarship when I go back to school - the kind that are given to any individual regardless of skin color, and are awarded by virtue of worthiness based on attributes a person has personally achieved.

According to the most recent census, 63% of the US is "white", and my personal beliefs dictate that whether an individual is in the 37% or in the remainder, every person is equal, and how well they apply themselves should be the chief predictor of their success.

There is no lawful practice in the United States that keeps any of her citizens from striving (i.e., working hard or smart) to attain equal ground with or even excel beyond the reach of another "race". None of us should consider ourselves "victims" of our own skin color, and the wonderful thing about being in America is that if a person so much as suspects they are being victimized or discriminated against "based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin," they may seek legal redress. Other prohibited manners of discrimination are posted here.
If federal or state or legal rights to access are going to be granted to anybody, then the same should be granted to all. A nation can't be equal if its people are not receiving or are being denied equal percentages of assistance, justice, and representation.

Again, I am perfectly aware that racism exists. And just like slavery, it's not limited to one or two skin colors.
A racially-charged crime should be considered every bit as heinous as another of equal racially-motivated brutality regardless of the color of person against whom it is committed, and be labeled as a hate crime every bit as speedily.

No comments:

Post a Comment