Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A Tragically Current Human Condition I Wish These Confederate Flag Haters Would Take Up Arms Against as Ardently




Slavery is irrespective of nationality, color, creed, and time. It happens everywhere, and can happen to anyone. If a fraction as much effort was put into ending the slavery that exists today as is being put into decrying abuses that happened decades and centuries ago, the lives of up to an estimated 60,000 human beings currently suffering enslavement in the United States alone could change for the better. I feel for the oppressed, the violated, and the maltreated of any era, but the only power that any of us have to change lives, shape events, or make things better, lies exclusively in the present and in the future.

Slavery isn't over for everyone, but I'm glad it's over for a lot of people. I certainly consider myself fortunate to have never been enslaved, and find it a blessing that, of everyone I have met in my life regardless of nationality, color, or creed, not one has confided that they are or have ever been under that yoke of bondage, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment