Whenever I hear someone complain or try to blame things on having a "hard life", I 100% expect that complaint or rationalization to be followed by:
Because...
*I was a POW
*I have spent time in war/caring for the wounded and/or dying and dead
*I was a child soldier
*I have spent time in war/caring for the wounded and/or dying and dead
*I was tortured and/or kept locked up for months or years
*I suffered long-term abuse or privation
*I am maimed, disabled, or disfigured in such a way that it causes me daily suffering
*I have an incurable or terminal illness that causes me daily suffering
*I have a serious mental illness that causes me daily suffering
*I am the chief source of care/support for my moderately to severely ill/disabled family members
*I am moderately to severely ill/disabled
*I have serious psychological or physical ailments stemming from traumatic experience or abuse
...or things of that nature.
Everything else qualifies as "a hard time" in life, such as broken bones, labor/delivery, break ups, etc. It does not qualify as "a hard life".
No comments:
Post a Comment